We understand the need to put your voice out there when providing IT related services. We greatly appreciate the services you provide and the value you create. In order to keep this forum tidy and efficient, we hope you'll stick to our rules concerning advertising.
Job posters do not require a vendor role, EXCEPT when doing so as a recruiter. Recruiters must obtain a recruiter role. This is in the interest of transparency.
In general any IT related services, is allowed on the forums. Our only requirement is that you obtain a vendor role/label before posting any advertisements (more on that later). Please note that we expect everyone follows the following rules:
- We have the right to refuse any advertisement for any reason
- Products/services must be active and supported
- Advertising is a commitment, if we see a lot of bad experience posts and no attempt to address the concerns we will remove your ad, and revoke your role.
- In non-ad spaces you can talk about what your product/service does, but you can not compare it to other vendors.
- URL shortners are prohibited, vendors may however include URL parameters (e.g.
The advertisement section is the only place to talk in detail and specifically about your product, and is the only place you can link directly to your product. If you need to link to detailed information about your product in any other category you should link to your post in the advertising section.
Any promotion for products or services is seen as an advertisement. Aside from the above allowed categories you are not allowed to post your advertisement. If you are unsure message a mod or admin. All advertisements must come from a verified vendor.
Additionally, the following are not appreciated:
- Replying with advertisement in other threads
- Using affiliate/referrer links in posts or profiles
- URL Shorteners
- Creating multiple threads for the same company, product or service
- A username that explicitly is meant to advertise. For instance: my-hosting-company-com
Getting a vendor badge is quite simple, but requires some verification:
- Contact a moderator or admin about your request to get a badge
- In your message include the product name, link to product/company, description of product/company, etc.
- Answer any questions we may have
- Provide a contact method that verifies your information (company email, company phone number, etc.)
We have the right to refuse and/or revoke the vendor badge at any time for violating our rules. If you're participating in community, answer questions about your product(s), answering bad user experiences and overall being a good community member, we should have no reason to take moderating actions.